Thursday, March 20, 2014

First Impression: Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation

Hey all!

So today I decided to do a first impression of the Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation! I tried it for the first time this morning and these are my thoughts.




Okay so for starters, the packaging. How cute is it! I think this was half the reason why I purchased it to be honest. So I believe that the price on this was $44 CAN, which is average for a high end foundation. Compared to the other ones I was looking at, which were $48-$50 this one was the most affordable of the bunch.

Okay, So when I first pumped this onto my hand I noticed it was defiantly more on the liquid, than gel side. I figured from this that I would be getting a light/medium coverage. I applied the product with the Sephora brand mineral foundation brush, which is basically a dense foundation 'buffer' brush. Right off the bat I noticed, wow this is a tad bit darker than I expected. Now I am pretty pale, but I can usually get away with NOT having the lightest colour foundation that is on the rack. The foundation that is the lightest possible shade usually has more pink undertones, and that just does not work for me, someone with yellow/beige undertones. However, with this foundation I had to choose the lightest shade "porcelain".
Okay so as I blended it out down my neck, the colour did not seem to be as dark as when first applied, and I eventually made it work.
Coverage: I would say is light, but build-able, I had to add a second layer to some of my redness/freckles/t-zone, since my foundation tends to break up quite easily there.
Consistency: felt extremely hydrating, which my dry skin loved. So after this, I set my t-zone with some pressed powder.
Finish: dewy/healthy glow. I really enjoyed the finish because it left my skin glowing.

Final Verdict:
Pros:

  • the dewy finish left my skin looking fresh and hydrated
  • hydrating
  • blends easily
  • blush/bronzer looks impeccable many hours later
  • has not broken up in my t-zone yet
Cons:

  • coverage is light but build-able
  • there should be a large shade range selection
Okay! So that is it! I hoped that this helped some of you! Please let me know what you would like to see a review on next!

Love Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment