Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I'm Kinda A Nudist

Hello all my loves,

Hope that this week started out beautifully for all of you. For me, today is a day of relaxation after a quite hectic weekend. First of all, I need to just say, putting together a camp for 22 children is a lot of work. Holy, who knew that 8 year olds would want to, let alone actually, stay up till 4:30AM. I swear I could barely do that in my prime partying days. HA. 

Okay lets get into it. By this title, you may be confused, that is if you are not an avid lippie lover such as myself. Nudes, I love em all. Glosses, lipsticks, chap sticks, you name it. If it comes in a nude, I'm probably going to buy it and obsessively put it on my lips. So I decided to share some of my favourite nudes with you guys today. Swatches and all!



Welcome to the nudist resort ;)




Glosses






Whitening Lightning Colour Your Smile - Nude // I think that everyone and their mother has this colour. Its probably the most raved about colour in the CYS collection and for good reason. It goes on so pigmented - as you see in the photo - and has great lasting time. The formula is slightly sticky, but thats normal in a long wearing gloss. It feels buttery and smooth on the lips once applied




Buxom Lipgloss - White Russian // I have this in the sample size, but let me tell you I will be purchasing the full size soon. As you can see in the photo this is a nude with a hint of peachy pink in it. The formula is ever so smooth and not sticky. As well, this line of glosses claim to be "plumping", now I don't know about that completely but it does have a tingly cooling effect when applied. Not to mention it smells AMAZING. 




MAC Prolongwear - Patience Please // This is a beautiful colour. It is quite a true nude as you can see in the swatch below. Now there is one thing that I must mention with this product. It is veryyyy sticky and I mean sticky. It takes a bit of getting used to, and some working with. Almost like painting glue onto your lips. However, the colour payoff and the longevity of this gloss is amaz-balls. Like this shit ain't going anywhere.
MAC Cremesheen - Partial to Pink // Ohmygod. Kay guys, so this was my first time buying a cremesheen gloss and let me tell you, I was expecting sticky, as most MAC glosses are known for. But I was pleasantly surprised when the texture of this gloss came out buttery and smooth. As I wore it, I could barely remember that there was actually something on my lips. It is to die for. Creamy, buttery, smooth, with decent pigment. In the tube it appears more pink than nude, but as you can see on the swatch it is the perfect combo of both
 Patience Please

Partial to Pink


NYX Buttergloss - Creme Brule // Again, another fan favourite that leaves you and your mother speechless. The butter glosses are known for their buttery creamy texture and this nude shade is to die for. I legit wore this every day for a month after I purchased it, which was awhile since I live in Canada and we're a bit behind on the times. Need I say more? You probably own this one already.


All Without Flash


 With Flash




Lipsticks





MAC Lipstick - Creme d'nude // another fan favourite. I love this colour. It is really great for one of those days I'm feeling extra nude ;). With its creamy texture and perfect amount of peach undertones, it makes it one of the more perfect nudes around. 
MAC Lipstick - Hue // This is my baby. This little guy is my nummero uno. #1. I rarely hear about this colour and wonder why. Either I'm late on the bandwagon or it is really overlooked. This colour combines the perfect amount of peach with nude and a touch of pink. Looks amazing with pretty much anything. Love it. Can't get enough. 

Creme d'nude

Hue - SERIOUSLY how pretty


LimeCrime - Coquette // Holy pigment. When you first put this on, you will be like, "wow, so thats a nude eh". It is SO pigmented (as you can see with a simple swipe on my hand). Long-wearing as all the limecrime lipsticks are this one does not fail. I rarely wear this one on its own though. I tend to top it off with one of the glosses listed above. 
PS: I don't know why it came off so Brown in the picture, maybe against my WHITE skin thats what it looks like. I assure you it does not look stark brown on your lips though. 



Maybelline Color Whispers - One Size Fits Pearl // Now I know what you're thinking. Girl, that ain't a nude thats clear. And well you're right. But with a couple coats its this beautiful clear with hint of pink to it. So technicially in my books it could be a nude. Cause its barely there ;) ha. get it? Anyways, these were all the craze last summer and I plan to relive the trend a bit. So creamy, literaly just feels like lip chap.


With Flash


Without Flash




There you have it, my little nudist resort! What are your favourite nudes?!

Till next time

Love, Love

K


No comments:

Post a Comment