Friday, May 16, 2014

Review: LUSH Mask of Magnaminty

Hello all,

Today I wanted to talk about facial masks. I myself, love doing mask treatments. My skin is always so happy after, and my makeup glides on that much easier. We all know that what you put on your skin, (and of course diet) are the major predictors of how your skin will look on the outside. Once in awhile, your skin needs a treat to get rid of makeup clogged pores, dry dead skin, and promote cell turnover. 

Cell Turnover?? Whats that you ask?! Well this is the process of when your new skin cells can reach the surface. Ever wonder how babies have smooth, plump skin? Well its because babies cells turnover about every 14 days. Now if your in your twenties, such as myself, you can expect your cells to turn over ever 30-40 days. and trust me, it continues to just get worse from there. Besides masks, regular exfoliation, or even microdermabrasion if you can afford it, promote the cell turnover process by getting rid of the dead cells, making way for the new cells to come to surface. 

Okay after that little skin lesson, lets actually get into this. 






 Lush's Mask of Magnaminty. I heard so much about this little gem before going and purchasing it. I actually was staying quite true to my Glam Glow mud mask. But, as most of you know, Glam Glow rings in at a hefty $76 for a small 1.2 oz container. MOM is $12.95 for 125g (4.4 oz). So you are getting significantly more with the lush product.



Mask of Magnaminty reads "Packed full of peppermint, kaolin, and scrubby adzuki beans for deeply cleansed skin". Now remember, the Glam glow is a charcoal based mask (as you can see to the right), that is going to pull out the impurities from your face. This means its getting deep down into your pores to bring these to the surface. This mask is NOT a charcoal based mask, but it is marketed to pull debris from your pores as well.



As you can see in the picture the mask is a aqua green colour, with the little scrubby bits throughout to aid with exfoliation. 


This mask is refreshing. The peppermint in it gives your skin a fresh breath of air not to mention it smells amazinnnnng


Another factor to consider is that Lush's products are branded cruelty free and all natural, so yes they are perishable. Hence why their products have a best before date. 

In my opinion the Lush Mask almost made my skin feel SOOOOOOO soft. Like actually, I could not stop touching it. And the next morning my makeup glided on like a dream! Sometimes with my dry skin the GlamGlow can be a bit harsh, so I tend to only use it in areas such as around my nose, forehead, and chin. This mask however, I could put all over without it feeling overpowering. It was so nice breathing in that peppermint sent.  

I can't really comment on how it controlled or dealt with acne, since I am very dry and rarely get acne. I believe that this mask would be very useful for even oily skinned individuals since it is deep cleaning and is getting that gunk outta there. 


All in all, both masks are amazing products, but if you're on a budget, you can defiantly achieve the same results with the Mask of Magnaminty as the GlamGlow.

Thanks,

And don't forget to share this post if you found it useful. 

Find me here otherwise! INSTAGRAM // PINTEREST // TWITTER // YOUTUBE

No comments:

Post a Comment