Saturday, June 7, 2014

Tight And Bright

Hello my lovelies!

Whenever summer is around the corner, I get really excited to start using all my bright lip colors. I did a post similar to this not to long ago HERE, focusing on my favourite nudes. Now I want to transition to bright lippies!

I love a bright lip, its so easy and it makes you look put together, even if you're not ;)

A simple eye, dewy skin and a bright lip is my absolute fave!

So here I'm going to show you some of my favourite bright lip colors!






NYX BUTTERGLOSS // APPLE STRUDEL -- I've already talked sooooo much about the great formulation of these butter glosses, and this one does not fail either. If I want a settle bright lip, this is perfect. Its a peachy shade, that on my skin tone shows up brighter than average. Darker skin tones this may become a peach nude shade for you. 


 NYX BUTTERGLOSS // STRAWBERRY PARFAIT -- Again, another butter gloss. This shade is a muted warm toned purple. Its perfect for a quick hint of bright on the go, or if you're feeling to lazy to do the full process of putting on a lipstick. The pigmentation is great for a lipgloss, as you can see in the swatch above. Yet, there is still some sheerness to it, making it appropriate for a variety of occasions.


MAYBELLINE LIPSTICK // FUCHSIA FLASH --Now right off the bat, I'm pretty sure this is a dupe for MAC's Candy Yum Yum. It is a cool tone, fuchsia that is super vibrant. The formula of this lipstick is very creamy and non drying. I highly suggest using a lipliner for this, just because it can turn into a hot mess if ya don't!


MAC MINERALIZE LIPSTICK // GOOD TASTE -- I absolutely love the formula of these MAC lipsticks. They are so buttery, creamy, and moisturizing on the lips, without clinging to dry patches. The longevity of them is great too. This one in particular is a slightly darker, but still very bright, fuchsia pink. It is beyond stunning!


MAC LIPSTICK // GIRL ABOUT TOWN -- Now, let me tell you, trying to get this color literally took me months, it was always out of stock! But I finally got it, and I'm in LOVE. It is an amplified formula, so the pigmentation is amazeballs. Not to mention I don't find it super drying on the lips. Its a blue toned fuchsia, so its very bright! Side note to mention, I'm in love with the smell of MAC lipsticks :P. So stunning though, perfect summer shade for a variety of skin tones.


 MAC MINERALIZE LIPSTICK // ELEGANT ACCENT -- This color was one of my first "step out of my comfort zone and get a bright lipstick". Let me tell you, this is defiantly what started my bright lip addiction. I would defiantly say that even though this is a rose color, there is defiantly some hints of coral that come out when applied. Its a great stepping stone bright color.


REVLON MATTE BALM // ELUSIVE -- This mid-tone shade of rose is absolutely beautiful. It gives your lips that hint of color, without being over-the-top. Its great if you are not quite ready to grab the brightest color on the shelf. For a drugstore, matte lippie it was not that drying, however I do recommend a lip balm underneath. As well the pencil like applicator makes it easy to apply without a lipliner! This line of lippies is very great!


INSIDE FLASH

OUTSIDE NO FLASH


Whats your favourite bright lip color? Tell me in the comments below! 
Love, Love

K

PS Check out my post about how to apply long lasting lipstick HERE

FIND ME HERE! INSTAGRAM || TWITTER || PINTEREST || YOUTUBE

2 comments: