Saturday, April 26, 2014

Quick Tip: Curling Lashes

Are you one of the people not blessed with gorgeous curled lashes? Do your lashes droop fast just after curling and applying mascara?

Yeah? Me too. 

My lashes are naturally VERY straight, and even point down for that fact, which make it incredibly hard to get those beautiful long curled lashes. Because they are so straight, they do not hold a curl at all, and barley budge when I take a curler to them. You can imagine my frustration. Mascara just doesn't look right when its on straight lashes!!

But, alas, about 7 years ago I figured out a trick that works and have been using it ever since!

Its so simple and quick you can easily incorporate it into your routine

First make sure that your eyelash curler is CLEAN, especially for this technique. It can turn into a hot mess real fast if you don't do this. 


Secondly, use a straightener, or hair dryer and apply the heat to the curler for about 4-6 seconds! No longer!


Thirdly, Tests the curlers temp on the back of your hand, or wrist before putting it directly onto your eye. Metal heats very fast and I can tell you right now it is not fun to burn your eye with a curler. Learn from my mistake!

Curl as normal, you will not have to pump the curler to many times because the heat will set it faster. 


And volla! A beautifully curled eyelash that will stay in place all day!



Another Tip: Using a waterproof mascara is crucial for us straight lashes kids, waterproof has more wax in it, which will help hold the curl. I have tried using regular mascara and it just droops my lash back down because of the water based formula!

If you really hate waterproof mascara try just adding a base layer, letting it dry, and then going in with a regular mascara of your choice overtop. You just need that first layer as a sealant for the curl!



Hope this helped you guys!
Comment if you've tried this method before, or have any other methods for curling lashes!

Please follow me on all social media!

Love, Love

Kristina



1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristina!
    I just wanted to let you know, I nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    Further instructions you will find on my blog! Enjoy ;)
    http://essentialmustela.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete