Sunday, June 15, 2014

REVIEW: Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette

Hello lovelies!

So I cannot contain my excitement that I finally have been able to get my hands on this palette! I have legit been waiting since it came out, checking the website frequently, just to see its always sold out. So a few days ago while casually looking at instagram, I saw someone post how it was at sephora. Now my heart pretty much dropped and I raced on over to my sephora, and yup! It was there!

So I decided it would be helpful to do a bit of a review and explanation of this palette for any of you looking to get it. 



I was critical that maybe this was just another fan fad, meaning that everyone is getting it, just because EVERYONE is getting it. 

I was defiantly mistaken though, the consistency and pigmentation of these colors are fantastic. 





INITAL THOUGHTS: 

Upon opening the palette, my first thought was "wow this looks ALOT smaller in person than all over youtube" haha. 

The amount of product that you get in each pan is a decent size, but defiantly not the same amount that you would get in a typical single pan. This is expected though, it is a palette, so the amount of product is usually going to be a bit less. However, seems that they thought this through, since they are coming out with replaceable pans so you do not need to repurchase the entire palette.


Now my skin is extremely pale, like very pale. So when I first looked at the highlight colors I was scared they would be too dark. After applying them, they defiantly were not. 

(highlights from left to right: sand, banana, vanilla) (bronzers from left to right: java, fawn, havana)

DURING USE: 

I could not believe how creamy, blend able, pigmented, these shades were. I was blown away. The colors of the contour shades were not to orange and you achieve a very even, flawless application. 

The highlight shades were defiantly more sheer, but that is needed when applying these colors (cause who wants bright yellow everywhere?) Again, they went on creamy and buttery, not leaving a cakey finish. 

left to right: java, fawn, havana 
highlights were to light to swatch

FINAL THOUGHTS:

This is well worth the money. The colors are so buttery and creamy in texture that they apply like a dream. I love how there are lighter, grey toned contour shades, and darker shades. It makes it nice for someone such as myself with such fair skin to find something that is not going to look muddy. They defiantly thought through making this palette completely universal for every type of skintone. The wear time was good, I wore these out and after getting home they still were looking hot. 

I wish that the Vanilla shade, which was a shimmery highlight, was a bit more pigmented. But if you like a settle glow, you will be happy with this level of pigmentation. 

The highlight shades did not let my makeup crease, nor look cakey on the skin.

Honestly I would give this palette a solid 9.5/10

Only reason for docking that .5 is because it would be nice if one of the highlight shades was a tad bit lighter in color just for us extra pale girls! Along with the shimmery shade to be a bit more pigmented like the rest.

What did you think of this palette?!

Leave your comments below!

Love, Love

K

No comments:

Post a Comment