Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ginger Locks

Hello all my lovelies! Sorry for the lack of posting, life just seems to be a tad crazy at the moment. So I've been a busy bee working everything out and starting new chapters in my life :)

Today I wanted to do a post on all the hair products that I absolutely adore. I get asked alot about my hair and what I use in it. But, by far the question that I get asked the most is, "Is that your natural hair color?"

Yes, yes it is kidlets. #gingerforlife

My hair, I would classify, as a darker strawberry blonde. It used to be a lot more vibrat when I was younger and as I aged the pigment has lightened up. I have blonde, brown, auburn and red strands in my hair, which is probably why I get asked if it is natural. In the summer it lightens alot, and the blonde will stick out. Not to mention that I have actual thick sections of my hair that are straight blonde.

In texture, my hair is thick and mildly frizzy with a natural beachy wave. I do straighten it about 98% of the time just because it is more manageable this way.

As per products, I've tried many on the market but these would have to be what really keep my hair soft and manageable.

SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER

Now I am always changing my shampoo and conditioner just because my hair tends to get used to these kind of products quickly. At the moment I'm using the Redken All Soft Shampoo/Conditioner. This stuff makes my hair unbelievably soft, even though I'm getting to the end of these bottles it doesn't seem that my hair is getting used to the formula.


DEEP CONDITIONING

For deep conditioners I rotate between Macadamia Deep Repair Mask, and the Aveda Dry Remedy. Both of these are phemonal and do the job. I do prefer the Macadamia one a tad bit better, because not only is it more affordable, but I feel that it makes my hair stay soft and moisturized for the few days between washes. I enjoy that both these products are extremely thick in consistency and you can feel the difference in the texture of your hair right as you wash them out.




LEAVE IN CONDITIONER

This is my shit. Seriously I think that this product is such a savior for my hair. I have been using this product for quite awhile and still enjoy it. It helps in keeping my ends together and locking in moisture. Since my hair is EXTREMELY dry I need to make sure to use this after I was my hair. It also helps defrizz everything! Def go and try this out people!


STYLING 

First off, If you saw my post of May Favourites HERE then you already know the deal on this stuff. Smoothes and makes your hair so soft. What else do ya need? 


Now pretty sure everyone and their mother has this heat protectant, but it is for good reason. A drugstore brand that works extremely well is sometimes hard to find. This stuff makes your hair feel softer as well, I swear. On my hair it does at least. I've tried high end brands of heat protectant, and honestly always go back to this one!


 Now if you watch my YouTube Channel you would have seen me rave about this product. This is by far one of my favourite products ever. It a oil, but in mist form. It seriously leaves your hair feeling SO silky soft! I rarely see people talk about this product and I feel its something everyone should have. I sometimes hate putting oil straight into my hair because its so easily overdone, but not this stuff. Try it out NOW people.


 Lastly, another product everyone and their momma has. This is by far my most favourite dry shampoo. For me, since I only wash my hair every 3-4 days, by the fourth day my hair needs a freshen up. This does the trick. I like the voluminzing one the best because of the sent and the fact that it lifts the roots all day long!


There you go my people, 
Let me know in the comments whats your favourite hair products

Till next time,
K


FIND ME HERE! INSTAGRAM || TWITTER || PINTEREST || YOUTUBE

No comments:

Post a Comment